What am I missing..

A friend asked me yesterday if I had posted anything lately.. yea I know I have been slacking. But this morning I had a little Revelation. Not really a good one but one that relates to ALL the attached pictures.. Before I go on, I did post a blog the other day and you can read it here. MY THOUGHTS..So on with my Revelation....As I sat and watch the Red Sox win game 7, I realized something..As my family gets older and my THREE AWESOME Sons get more involved in enjoying the Sox, & Pats I have always seemed to miss it.. The fans in Boston waited 86 years for a Championship, do you think I could have enjoyed that World Series with my family and watched the reaction as the Red Sox won... NO.... So I sit here this morning realizing, the SOX are going back to the BIG SHOW and once again I will not be able to enjoy the trip with my family and watch the reaction on their faces. Not only am I going to miss that, but the PATS are now 7-0 and moving toward another trip to the Superbowl and that too will be missed.
The military really does things to a family that only those families know.. Does it give you strength, or does it tear you apart???? Sometimes it's tough and I know it probably will not be until Ty, Zach & Ian are in their mid 20's-30's before they realize all of this..
I have missed a lot and everything I miss adds to the increased sadness.. Contrary to popular belief IT DOESN'T GET EASIER.. Although after this year in Korea a deployment will just be another TDY but "IT DOESN'T GET EASIER"
I will enjoy the World Series and trying to catch a Pats game as they attempt to go undefeated but
it JUST WON'T BE THE SAME !!!!!!!
it JUST WON'T BE THE SAME !!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment