Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Last Chapter

Well since this blog is titled Jason's Jaunt to Korea.. It would only be right to title this one "The Last Chapter"..

I have LEFT Kunsan.. I am currently at the Hyatt for one night, just to relax, get a massage and get ready for a LOOOONG flight to my family, one that we have ALL been waiting for.. With that being said.. this is probably the most confusing PCS I have EVER had..

Confusing you say?? IT seems pretty simple to most.. but for me it isn't..Yes I can't not wait to get home to Tammy and the boys and for that I am soooooooooo EXCITED ..but I have just left a group of people (well some left before me) that have soooo touched my life forever.and it's very sad not knowing if or when we are all ever going to see each other again..Yea we got e-mail and the handy dandy little blog, but it's not the same. So it's Confusing because I am trying manage TWO emotions that NORMALLY don't happen at the same time..That's why it's confusing..and I find myself asking, IS THIS RIGHT.. I think I already hit on that in previous posts so I guess the answer is YES..Wouldn't want it any other way but still it remains confusing.


 We all watched some of them leave already, we all ask ourselves why can't I be the first to leave.. See here's the deal, if YOU leave first, you only have to go through the emotional confusion ONCE..Then you get home, get back into life with your family and press on knowing you have made some of the BEST friends in the world.. BUT if you don't leave first (and it appears,no matter how many leave first, there is ALWAYS some left to ask the same question) then you get go through it each and EVERY TIME until your bus arrives.

To ALL of you who are LEFT behind (for the time being) waiting for your bus AND all those who have already caught their bus.. THANK YOU for EVERYTHING...Thank you for being Friends, Mentors, Sounding boards and for just being YOU.....There is NO way this tour would have been the same without you..

Now I navigate through this phase since I WASN'T first to leave, nor am I the last. Today my bus came..

Tomorrow will be exciting to get home, see everyone,jump back into life at a SPRINTERS pace and at some point prepare myself for a NEW job. During this sprint, Tammy I get to escape for a little bit and go home for my Sisters' wedding. Then right into the NEW job READY or NOT...

I can't say this will be the LAST post on the JAUNT, but will most likely be until I deploy or go TDY somewhere again, then it will be reborn.. The link to the Thoefamily blog should be up there on the left in the list..Also to help clarify my thoughts here for some of you.. Here is a post from a blog from one of the these friends I spoke about above. We have a blog to stay in touch.. Enjoy the read.--->.CLICK HERE

For now or until T-hoe blogs again..Jason's jaunt is just about COMPLETE !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome home. You know I'm not much of a blogger, better late. I've enjoyed reading of your jaunts--great pics too. Take care.