Well this week I finished a 3 1/2 week course in New Jersey. I am now an official Air Advisor. We got a lot of information, got some language skills, combat lifesaver skills, driving skills and more shooting skills. It was a long 4 weeks but the last 2 actually went by much faster than the first two. I am usually pretty good at networking but there were so many people in our class that I didn't pick up as many networks as I expected. I met a lot of people but my daily schedule led me to stay to myself most of the time. School, Gym and the chowhall schedule get me pretty busy and very tired.
I have to say that the highlight of my trip was the ONE day I spent in NYC. I can not believe I have never been there before but it was soooo awesome. We spent the day moving VERY quickly from one site to another. Getting off the train at PENN Station we walked up to Times Sqaure, ate lunch then took the train south to the WTC. After walking around the WTC and down through battery park we got back on the train and went to Brooklyn Bridge. After walking up and back on the bridge we walked by the federal bldgs, up through SOHO and China Town and then took the train to the Empire State bldg. WoW.. After going up 86 floors we completed our day by walking back to Times Square and ate dinner at the Hard Rock. I can't wait to do that again one day.
So now I have a little over a month to really get ready, re-enlist and ship out for 6 months. Once I get a good word on exactly how things are going or what my outlook will be, I will let you know.
that's it for now
T-hoe out
No comments:
Post a Comment