Well that is it.. Last night was my LAST Hail & Farewell here at the KUN...A very humbling day all together...
The day started at PT, while the 1st shirt was making an announcement about his career filed being only 88% manned and said any MSgt's that would like to be a shirt go on the vitrual MPF and check out all the information. Then like 4 people in the back yelled my name (T-HOE).. Not once since I have been here have I mentioned to anyone about the thought of being a shirt. BUT what a HUMBLING experiance when people respect you enough to yell out your name in front of the WHOLE squadron...I was left speechless..
So then we get to our farewells.. What an awesome night.. Even though there were a few people who have already left that I wish could have been here.. All the people I knew would stand up and speak did and a couple more. I wish I could have sat up there and said more but ALL the people and friends here at the KUN who know me, know EXACTLY how I feel and there was no need to sit up there and get emotional in front of a bunch of people who don't know me..So you ALL know who you are and WE WILL speak again before I leave or already have. Shaw you really set the standard high last night and all I can say is THANK YOU brother !!!!
So for all you who weren't there and wanted to know.. I had my brother SHAWDAG cut me, Another AWESOME dude ROCKEY rip me and ALL the FireDawgs and ALL the remaining COOL kids hold me... OH and JUST before I got CUT, I tossed the coin in the air for you WAG !! It wouldn't be a night at the hooch with out a Wagoner Coin Check..
So once all that was done.. I got to CO-Host the HAIL portion of the night with Calvin (MF) Jones.. We had an AWESOME time (even though I was on my way to being pretty drunk) and we didn't screw up much of anything. We did a LOT of AD LIBBING and it was an AWESOME time. We had Rockey do the rules of the coin.. AGAIN, Very Humbling experiance to be asked to do the HAIL..THANK YOU CALVIN !!!
That's how the LAST Hail and Farewell day went... VERY VERY HUMBLING, a little SAD because some of the people who were here through it all are gone, a little SAD because KUNSAN does something to you (IF YOU LET IT) and even though work stinks sometime, the PEOPLE are awesome, and EXCITING because I get to LEAVE and go home FINALLY..:-)
Pictures will be posted soon on Picasa form last night..
AGAIN THANK YOU to EVERYONE..as I said, you ALL know how I feel about you and there was no real need to sit up there and tell everyone else..I could have SPENT ALL night...and CRIED all night too..So I can't wait till the going away cookout at the Bug Shop because we're going to have an outstanding time..
for now anyway T-hoe out
No comments:
Post a Comment