Thursday, December 31, 2009

The New Year 2010

Man.. As I sit here in Kandahar waiting for the next flight it has already turned 2010... Wow really.. hmmm..  Well this post may seem a little disjointed because I don't even know what i am saying..

1st REAL quick..be ready for a change to my mailing address  :-)  .. I don't have it yet, but hopefully will soon

    As I attempt to remain positive, it becomes increasingly harder the closer to get to being in the place I was tasked to go. Why you ask?? Because today I foundd out that it has become apparent that this trip is going to be not much more than a job that is meant to ruffle some feathers in the hopes that the next guys that comes here comes here for a REASON.. I am AT LEAST the 2nd person our Air Force has allowed to be sent here with no job. The previous guy spent his entire tour in Kabul and at least had a job.
  I also found out today that our Air Force has decided that WE are going to take over Fire Protection in Shindand??  WHY.. Are the contractors we pay millions no longer qualified to open a new location in this country???  Why do I care and mention this?? Because once the first team (and it's going to be a small one) gets on the ground, do I JUMP up and assist???  Do I even care they are coming..The FIRST answer is no.. WHY you ask again?? Because as I said this may be a job that ruffles some feathers...They sent me here for a job and being in charge of a team is not it or opening and operation is not it.. Would I want to SURE..If I do, will they get the message they need to get  NO..  This is what happens when we allow BIG ARMY to task OUR Air Force personnel and NO ONE in our chain seems to QA those taskings or throw the penalty flag.

  So for the next couple days, weeks I will attempt to figure out what my REAL purpose is here now that I have gone through the pain of leaving AGAIN. I will remain positive and find ways to do it. Who knows I may just end up running the Gym.. that seems like a good job huh???  LOL   There are reasons for everything and soon the reason I am here will surface.

  On a positive note, as I have gone through all this travel crap, the personnel here at the 451 AEW in Kandahar have been exceptionally HELPFUL..I can't believe all the smiles and positive attitudes they have here, even those that have been here for a while...Good Stuff..

  Now I am off to bed to finish up the NEWEST of hours in 2010..Got to get up early for a show time at the PAX terminal.  Wish me luck..If I may ask for ONE thing other than prayers for safety I would ask that you add a prayer to remain optimistic..

Talk to you all soon..
Jason

1 comment:

George said...

Happy New Year bro! Hang in there... your right, there is a reason. For now, don't worry about what it is, just get to where you need to be, and do whatever it is to your best. Sometimes we don't get to question the why... even when it's not the BEST decision. But whatever we have to do, do it with honor and do it like it was meant to be!

They used this poem in the movie The Blind Side... fitting I think.

Stay up bro! love ya!

The Charge of the Light Brigade
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.