Well the trip has gone OK I guess.. As well as could be expected for a trip like this..We almost didn't get off the ground in Baltimore but finally after 4-5 hours made it out.. We stopped in Germany (Ramstien) for a little bit and the people volunteering there at the USO were awesome.. If you have never heard of Operation Reindeer then check it out. No i do not have the web site in front of me.. So then we went to Incirlik AB in Turkey for another small stay. Now we are STUCK,WAITING for flights out of Manas AB in Bishkek Kyrgyzstan. I wish I could sit here and tell you ALL that I know for sure that i am flying out tomorrow and will soon be at my final destination but that would be WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY too optimistic. I guess my NEW short term goal is to AT LEAST Fly through Kabul then they can figure our where i need to be. BUT if I fly to Shindand and then they tell me I should have been in Kabul I will be a little pissy..So stay tuned, this is first time I have deployed that I DO NOT have a clue where i am going to end up. I am sorry I have a clue, it's one of two places..But there is no solid answer.
To close this out real quick I would like to say, if you have ever heard of the book "A Thousand Splendid Suns" Get it or get "The Kite Runner" I am almost done with "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and it is a ONE of a Kind story..
Ok.. that's it for now.. Going to get some sleep and get ready for our briefing in 12 hours..
No comments:
Post a Comment