As week two begins and the Shindand SHOCK & AWE wear off I have become a little more accepting to what is here. Well LOL nothing is here but I am more accepting at what lay ahead. As I mentioned we got here and were SHOCKED at what we were given. Very Very austere. Only 4 computers to work on 2 DSN(military) phones to call out for ALL of us. Little did we know that the place were all the CAPTF personnel (not much more than a football team,just the offense) live has internet and OH a TV with AFN.
We finished out moved out of the tent that we shared with 12 other people for two days and we begin lives in the place we call the Hilton. I will be able to maintain some kind of contact with the internet service we have and also be able to do some work here if I have to.
I want to thank everyone for their continue thoughts and prayers, especially my family who I miss more than you know..as hard as this has been on me I know it is ALWAYS much harder on them. I know someone was listening to the prayers because on the 1st morning after not sleeping a lick one of the guys in our tent, that does not live in the Hilton had mentioned how they had the internet over here. You can IMAGINE the look on our faces. The SMSgt who brought us around the first day didn't even know or mentioned it. It's like a huge secret. So when he told us about the internet I knew that was a message that someone had been praying for just A LITTLE something to get me through.. I got it.. THANK YOU!!!!
1 comment:
Would love to do a Faces of Freedom on Airmen...hook me up JT.
Post a Comment