Well today I checked out of billeting and into the room I will occupy for the next year.. VERY VERY weird feeling as I was unpacking my bags and putting clothes away...Emotional to say the least...Just sitting here waiting for the internet guy to show up while I surf on Eric's internet that they havent shut off yet..I would like to mention that the guy i am replacing ABSOLUTELY HOOKED me up !!...Man he really made this easy..I moved into his room and because the fact that said i would take what ever he left, I got all kinds of things to start this next year with...All I have to do it pay it forward when my replacement gets here in 11 1/2 months :-)
Yesterday was a pretty good day..I slept in and relaxed in the morning because the day prior we did a ridiculous workout....I went to youth Sunday afternoon and met up with the group.. It was small and the chapel annex is small (I mean TINY)..Seems like a good group of kids and adults so hopefully i can easily integrate into the team..After that I hit the temporary svs and met some more people..Also seems like a GREAT contemporary christian community..Its tough leaving something SO AWESOME and trying to find a way to fit into something soo much smaller..
To top off the weekend I made contact with a guy at the Firehouse who does CrossFit and mentioned that they JUST recently bough 10K worth of equipment..So I wont be stuck JUST CrossFiting at the fitness center..
No comments:
Post a Comment